Over the past 6-7 months, we’ve been exploring and examining many business models and systems in the investment world. What we discovered is that an investment ecosystem exists and there are four essential components for an investment ecosystem to thrive.
The Essential Parts of the Investment Ecosystem
- A network where investors, entrepreneurs, and other people in the ecosystem get a chance to meet and make social connections.
- A capacity building organization that channels resources to help entrepreneurs learn and develop – including tools such as lean startup and business modelling and skills such as communication, design, and technology.
- An investment vehicle or fund which invests or co-invests in enterprises, providing the “energy” to keep the economic flow happening in the ecosystem.
- A physical place where people can connect, meet, gather, and carry out these activities.
This graphic first appeared on Bonnie Foley-Wong’s blog and has been recently updated.
Get investing insights, sign up for my newsletter.
- How Values Influence Your Motivation to Invest in the First Place | Pique Ventures on Why Do You Invest? Thoughts on Motivations
- What is Social Impact? | Pique Ventures on Integrated Investment Decision-Making
- What is social impact? | Pique Ventures on Impact Lens Updated
- Tina Crouse on Business Impact Canvas
- Women and Investment Decision-Making | Bonnie Foley-Wong on Impact Lens