Thank you for your invitation to connect on LinkedIn. I receive a lot of requests from people I do not know and have not yet met. I am interested in connecting with people with whom I have aligned interests and that are potentially interested in learning more about or investing in one of the funds managed or being developed by Pique Ventures. There are other reasons that may pique my curiosity or interest – I couldn’t possibly name them all here and certainly, depends upon the unique circumstances.
However, I don’t accept all invitations to connect without any background or starting point for the relationship. Here are some things you can do to help us connect and to help me in the decision of whether to accept your invitation:
- Please include a message describing why you want to connect.
- Please be as specific as possible. Being in the same space or field is not sufficient.
- If you think we could learn from each other, please share with me why you think so and what about.
- If we have mutual connections, please identify one or two key connections and tell me why thinking of the mutual connections prompted you to connect.
- If you like or are interested my work or in what Pique Ventures is doing, please be more specific about what aspects of our work interested you and what you see is the potential for working together.
- If you want to speak with me about something (Pique Ventures’ activities or funds or about an article I’ve written that you’ve read), please be specific about what it is that you want to speak with me about.
If you’re reading this post, please send us a message through our contact form and be as specific as possible in your message to us. We cannot guarantee a response, but we will make an effort to read your message and respond if there is potential alignment.
For more tools for building impactful investment relationships, check out Integrated Investing: Impact Investing with Head, Heart, Body, and Soul, available at all major online book retailers.
Download your free 24-page Integrated Investing Toolkit, by signing up to the Pique Ventures newsletter.